Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Bush signs Gambling bill

President Bush signed the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act into law which would effectively ban online gambling (see previous posts). This would affect the biggest online poker room operator, Partygaming. I recommended buying the shares at .74c. Now, the shares trade at .62c. I still highly recommend buying the shares as nothing as fundamentally changed.

Although, I was able to buy 8,000 shares at .74c, I haven’t been able to buy any more shares. These shares trade over the counter in the U.S. and because of this, they do not have much liquidity. Today, I tried buying 15,000 shares at .58… then at .59c… then at .60c… all the way up to .63c… but it didn’t go through. The shares closed at .62c. This is the first time I’m buying an OTC stock. Anybody have any idea on how to better execute my purchase?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What are your thoughts on currency trading? I have heard it is a growing trend among small time investors. Would you recommend it? Why or why not?

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does the title of your blog "Lazy Investing" also infer to how lazy you are at answering questions?

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home